1. Changes to the Policy. CG reserves the right to change the terms of the Policy at any time. The most current copy of the Policy will be found on CommerceGhana.com.
2. Summary. CG collects user information to aid in maintaining the function of the CommerceGhana.com website and to enhance your experience and interaction with the website. CG will not share personally identifying information with any third party unless required by law. CG may share non-personally identifying information with third parties as part of its business operations, but such information will be aggregated (added together) and will not contain any information capable of identifying a particular user.
5. Use of Information. Personally identifying information will be used by CG for CG to communicate directly with you and will not be shared or made available to third parties, except as set forth below and when you as a user choose to post personally identifying information associated with a specific investment opportunity posted on the website or if you choose to use a service from a third party vendor providing services to CG itself, such as a credit card processing company. Third party vendors are forbidden to use your personally identifying information for any purpose beyond that necessary for them to provide the contracted for service to you and you will be made aware of the identity of the third party vendor at the time the service is provided. You recognize that if you choose to contact an advertiser on the CG site and provide that advertiser with personally identifying information, that advertiser is not bound by the terms of this Policy. CG may provide personally identifying information to other vendor companies so that they may perform various contracted for services for CG, such as mailings or statistical analysis, but CG will provide only the information needed for the third party vendor to perform their services. All vendors are required to safeguard any personally identifying information provided by CG and have agreed not to use any of the information received for their own purposes. Non-personally identifying information may be used by CG to evaluate site usage patterns and may be provided to potential advertisers and sponsors as part of marketing activities. CG derives a significant portion of its revenue from advertising, and accordingly shares aggregated non-personally identifying information with current and future advertisers. CG does not share personally identifying information with these advertisers. Unless you expressly opt in to receiving communications from third parties, CG will not provide personally identifying information to any other third party to allow them to contact or otherwise solicit you regarding products, services, or other opportunities.
6. Control of Your Information. You have the ability to change and update your information associated with your user profile, including the personally identifying information. As part of your user profile, you may, if such features are utilized by CG, have the ability to opt in and opt out of receiving communications from CG directly as well as opt in and opt out of receiving communications from third parties associated with CG. You have the ability to request that your user account be deleted as well, provided you notify CG in writing of your desire to delete your user account. CG will complete the deletion process in 30 business days.
7. Sale or Bankruptcy. Ownership of CG may change at some point in the future. Because of this, we want the site to be able to maintain contact with you as it continues operations. You acknowledge that as part of a transfer of ownership through sale, merger, bankruptcy, or public offering, your information may be shared with the new owner of the site.
8. As Required by Law. As previously discussed, CG may disclose personally identifying information if required to do so by law or in a good faith effort to comply with what CG believes are the requirements of a law, court order, or legal process served on CG. CG reserves the right to disclose personally identifiable information to protect or defend its rights or property.
9. Security. Your information is stored on CG’s servers located in the United States and is stored, handled, and processed using industry standards and technical safeguards designed to protect your personally identifying information from loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure. A wide variety of security procedures may be utilized as part of CG’s efforts including firewalls, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificates, internal access controls, and other procedures and systems. You recognize, however, that CG cannot guarantee a perfect level of security, since such a level is not possible on the internet.
10. Privacy of Children. CG does not collect personally identifying information from children under the age of 13, nor are any persons under the age of 18 or otherwise unable to legally enter into a binding contract in the United States or the Republic of Ghana permitted to create a user profile. If CG learns that someone under the age of 18 has created a profile and provided personally identifying information, the profile will be deleted immediately.
11. How to Contact Us. You may contact CG with questions regarding this Policy by sending an email to info@CommerceGhana.com. We will review and respond promptly to your question. You may also contact us at our mailing address at 2152 E. Golf Ave., Tempe, AZ 85282.
This revision effective as of: 14 March 2011